... about now, for later

Film photography

One of my hobbies is taking photos with my Nikon EM90, a 35mm, SLR (single lens reflex) film camera. I know enough about photography and the specifics of my camera to take shots of basic scenes with good lighting. I will use this inquiry mostly to learn how to utilize all the features of my specific camera, and to explore in detail the basics of film photography and the effects of different film types or lenses.

I am excited to begin this journey and have set out a preliminary outline of the topics I would like to research.

• What do I need to know about aperture so that I can get the best quality shots?
  • How does my practice change if I attach a flash?
  • What changes to the camera’s settings will I have to make if I want to shoot moving targets as opposed to still scenes?
  • I have a new tripod I want to try, and I will be making a how-to video about setting it up with the camera.
  • Can is there a timer on my camera? If so, can I use it to take self portraits with my tripod and how will they look?
  • How is film developed? What is the difference between developing black & white as opposed to colour film? Is there a space at the university where I can try it out?
  • How does one scan the negatives to digitize them? I have a friend (who got me into film) who has a scanner, and I would like to try it out and document the process.

For now, I will leave you with this video that explains a single lens reflex (SLR) camera.

1. ia5ew

Hey! I’m excited to see the different photographs you are able to capture as you explore the uses of your camera. The photos which I have already seen on your blog are very impressive. I would not consider myself someone who is good at taking photos so that makes it even more exciting for me to see what you’re able to do. Thank you for also including the video on Single Lens Reflex, it was very interesting to watch!