Quest University Canada — 2011-2015 — Bachelor of Arts & Sciences. Located on the traditional lands of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) peoples.

University of Victoria — 2021-2022 — Bachelor of Education (Elementary & Middle years). Located on the traditional lands of the Lkwungen peoples.

“Service to others is rent you pay for your room here on earth.” – Muhammad Ali

My culminating inquiry at Quest University sought to answer the question “How do we turn actions into words?” Through an analysis I revealed how the media can do this poorly, as Ali’s forceful defence of the rights of Black Americans was too often portrayed as civil disobedience.

I encountered this powerful quote after graduation, and it resonated strongly during a time when I was working on Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside with a supportive housing and advocacy organization. I still have this passion for service, and after completing my BEd at the University of Victoria I am now serving in an educational context and teaching a Grade 4 class.

When not in class, I continue to play competitive soccer with a local men’s league team and hope to do so for as long as I can. I also ride bikes with friends, shoot film and enjoy crossword puzzles. All the photos attached to blog posts or elsewhere on this website (unless otherwise credited) are taken by me with my Nikon EM90.